- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper cored, deseeded
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons snipped green onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 cups green leaf lettuce torn into bite size pieces
- DO AHEAD TIP: Tomorrow night’s salad tastes better if allowed to chill overnight. Since dinner was so easy tonight, go ahead and throw together the salad for tomorrow night and get it chillin’.
- In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, red bell pepper, and carrots. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients except green onions. Add to veggies, mixing well.
- Chill overnight. Serve on a bed of lettuce and sprinkle with fresh chives.
Per Serving: 61 Calories; 4g Fat; 2g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 34mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with BBQ Quesadillas (brown some onions, drizzle your favorite BBQ sauce on them and toss. Now make a normal quesadilla, but add these yummy onions). Add a bowl of baby carrots and grape tomatoes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!