Broccoli Tofu Patties
- 1 14-oz. package firm tofu drained and sliced
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon red bell pepper flakes
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli cooked and chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Slice tofu and drain well between paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine tofu with remaining ingredients except broccoli and oil. Mash with a fork till well blended.
- Stir in broccoli.
- Form mixture into 6 patties. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat and add patties. Cook on both sides till browned.
Per Serving: 135 Calories; 8g Fat; 10g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 106mg Cholesterol; 168mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with carrot slaw, oven fries (see recipe) and condiments for your burger—mayo, mustard, ketchup, relish, onion, lettuce and sliced tomato.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!