Broccoli Tofu Divan
- 1 16-oz. package frozen broccoli spears
- 1 14-oz. package firm tofu drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 1/2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 cups skim milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 large onion chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry
- 5 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan.
- Cook broccoli according to package directions. Drain well. Cut into 3 inch pieces and arrange in prepared pan.
- Place tofu between paper towels and gently squeeze out excess water. Put tofu on top of broccoli.
- In a small bowl, put flour and add a few tablespoons of milk making a paste. Gradually add the remaining milk, stirring.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add milk mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to full boil. Remove from heat and stir in cheddar cheese, mustard, onions, salt, pepper and sherry. Evenly spoon sauce over broccoli and tofu.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese and sprinkle over top of broccoli/tofu mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 255 Calories; 13g Fat; 15g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 29mg Cholesterol; 298mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with brown rice, sautéed sugar snap peas and steamed baby carrots.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!