Black Eyed Peas n’ Peaches Salad
- 12 cups salted water
- 1 cup dried black eyed peas
- 1 1/2 heads romaine lettuce torn into small pieces
- 2 large ripe peaches peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 green onions chopped
- 3/4 cup diced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stockpot, bring water and peas to a boil and simmer 20 minutes, or till tender. Drain black eyed peas in a colander and rinse under cold water to cool. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine the black eyed peas with the remaining ingredients. Salad may be chilled for up to 2 hours.
- Per Serving: 142 Calories; 1g Fat; 10g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 36mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Fat.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with some corn muffins and honey butter
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!