Beany Tofu Barbecue
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce 16-18 ounce
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 15-oz. can garbanzo beans drained
- 1 package firm tofu drained and cubed, 14-16 ounce
- 6 whole wheat buns
- In a large skillet, sauté the garlic and onion in oil over medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Stir in barbecue sauce and diced tomatoes. Next add the garbanzo beans and tofu. Stir and continue to cook till heated through. Serve on whole wheat buns.
Per Serving: 377 Calories; 9g Fat; 17g Protein; 57g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 1117mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain (Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with coleslaw and bowl of baby carrots for the table
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!