Veggie Fish Italiano
- 1 1/4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 2 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 pound firm white fish fresh or frozen, (whiting, cod, flounder, tilapia)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 plum tomatoes sliced, Roma
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat; add onion, mushrooms, basil, and fennel seeds and sauté until onion is translucent.
- Stir in frozen mixed vegetables and continue to cook until veggies are heated through (drain off excess liquid as necessary to speed up cooking time, if you’d like).
- Spread cooked veggies evenly on the bottom of the skillet; salt and pepper to taste; arrange fish fillets on top of veggies then place tomato slices on fish. Reduce skillet heat to medium then cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over tomatoes and cover for a few minutes to heat through and slightly melt. Serve hot.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed red potatoes. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 228 Calories; 7g Fat; 26g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 53mg Cholesterol; 245mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!