- 2/3 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Hot peppers finely chopped (optional)
- 2/3 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup salsa divided
- 1/3 cup shredded low fat Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef with onion and garlic until onion is translucent and meat is no longer pink; drain and blot with paper towels to remove any excess grease.
- Add cumin, crushed red pepper flakes and hot peppers (if using); blend well; transfer mixture to a large pie plate. In a small bowl, whisk together egg substitute and half of the salsa until well blended; pour over ground beef mixture and top with cheese; bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until egg is cooked and set.
- Remove from oven and allow quiche to stand for 5 minutes; top with remaining salsa and sour cream if desired.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big green salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add a bowl of raw baby carrots. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. Skip the cheese and sour cream. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure salsa is gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 275 Calories; 7g Fat; 13g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 137mg Cholesterol; 141mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; ½ Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!