Summer Time Beef Pasta
- 1 spaghetti squash halved lengthwise
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes chopped
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 2 medium zucchini chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place spaghetti squash halves, flesh sides up, on a baking sheet; bake for 30 minutes or until squash is tender; set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef and onion until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain any grease from the pan and season with salt and pepper. Add remaining ingredients and cook until zucchini is tender and tomatoes have reduced.
- Scoop the seeds out of the squash then, using a fork, scrape the squash out of its shell in long, thin (spaghetti-like) strands.
- Serve sauce over squash “noodles”.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, thinly sliced red onion and halved cherry tomatoes, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!