Spicy Tropical Tilapia
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 6 6-oz. tilapia fillets
- 2 1/2 cups chopped pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped plum tomatoes Roma
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeno pepper de-seeded and chopped
- 6 lime wedges
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper; sprinkle mixture evenly over fish. Add fish to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes per side or until it flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- In a large bowl, combine pineapple and next 5 ingredients (onion through jalapeno); stir gently; serve with fish. Garnish with lime wedges.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Brown rice and steamed green beans. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of fish. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar and Cajun seasoning are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 208 Calories; 4g Fat; 31g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 73mg Cholesterol; 227mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; ½ Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!