Spicy Spanish Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup dry white wine or use white grape juice with a splash of cider vinegar
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and cook, stirring constantly, until they turn pink, about 4 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Reduce skillet heat to medium then add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally for 1 minute or until onion is tender. Add vinegar and cook for 2 minutes or just until it has been absorbed. Add tomatoes, paprika, salt and crushed red pepper flakes; cook, stirring frequently, until tomatoes have softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in wine (or juice/vinegar) and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Return shrimp to the skillet and heat through. Serve with lemon wedges.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Hubbard squash and a big green salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add whole wheat couscous. KOSHER: Instead of shrimp, use boneless skinless chicken breast meat, cut into 2-inch pieces. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar and wine (or juice/vinegar) are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 212 Calories; 6g Fat; 24g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 412mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!