Shredded Caliente Pork
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 1 medium onion quartered
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 leaves Romaine lettuce
- Place pork shoulder in a slow cooker.
- In a food processor or blender, process the next 11 ingredients (onion through honey) until smooth.
- Rub mixture over the entire surface of the pork then add the water. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or until pork is very tender. Shred with a fork and stir into slow cooker juices. Wrap shredded pork mixture in lettuce leaves, roll up and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big relish tray of English cucumber spears with carrot, celery and jicama sticks.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!