Pineapple Chicken Kebabs
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cubed*
- 1 lemon juiced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pineapple cored and cubed
- 1 medium red onion cut into 8 wedges
- 8 bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken overnight (see recipe). If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before using, to prevent burning on the grill. Combine all ingredients in a large zipper-topped plastic bag and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Alternately thread marinated chicken cubes, pineapple cubes and red onion wedges onto the skewers; grill for 7 to 10 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through.
- *LEANNE’S NOTE: Partially frozen chicken is easier to cube.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve kebabs over Curried Cauli-Rice (same directions as Day 4, but toss with sweet curry powdesr and chopped green onion and cilantro). Add steamed asparagus on the side.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!