Grilled Cilantro Tri-Tip Roast
- 1 beef tri-tip roast trimmed of all visible fat, 2 to 2 1/2-lb.
- 6 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or use 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Cut 1-inch-long slits about 1/2-inch deep and about 1-inch apart over the top and bottom of the roast then place it in a rimmed dish. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, chopped cilantro, liquid smoke (if using), oregano, garlic and pepper; spoon mixture into the slits in the roast and pour the remainder over the meat. Grill roast until desired level of doneness is achieved, turning once. Transfer meat to a cutting board and allow it to rest for 5 minutes to redistribute its juices; thinly slice across the grain (diagonally) and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked russet potatoes and steamed asparagus. VEGETARIAN: Use a meat-free roast such as Quorn. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce and liquid smoke are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 210 Calories; 7g Fat; 33g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 91mg Cholesterol; 695mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!