Garlic Chicken Pasta
- 4 cups Fettuccine uncooked
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 12 cloves garlic pressed
- 12 ounces mushrooms cut into fourths
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 14.5-oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light brown; remove from skillet and keep warm. Heat remaining oil in the skillet over medium-high heat; add garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden.
- Stir in mushrooms and green onions; cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes, broth, crushed red pepper flakes, cornstarch and salt. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat to medium and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Stir in pasta, chicken and cilantro.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big spinach salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: Skip the chicken and use vegetable broth. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure canned tomatoes and broth are gluten free. Use arrowroot starch instead of cornstarch. NUTRITION: per serving: 506 Calories; 10g Fat; 50g Protein; 52g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 348mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 13
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!