Coconut Turkey Pot Pie
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 2 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 medium stalks celery chopped
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 4 cups boneless skinless turkey breast cooked and cubed
- 2/3 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 3/4 cup frozen green peas
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt or to taste
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 cups almond flour or almond meal
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons ghee melted, or use olive oil
- 1 tablespoon canned unsweetened coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- To make the filling, heat the ghee and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion, sweet potato, carrots and celery; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until celery and onion soften. Add chicken broth and almond flour; whisk for 2 minutes or until smooth. Add turkey cubes, coconut milk, peas, pepper, salt and parsley.
- Transfer mixture to a round 9-inch baking pan; set aside. To make the crust, in a stand mixer, or in a bowl with a hand mixer, combine almond flour, salt, egg, melted ghee and unsweetened coconut milk till a soft ball is formed. Roll out the dough and place it on top of the baking pan, trimming any excess at the edges.
- Poke the center of the crust with a fork about 5 times in a circular pattern; bake for 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
LEANNE’S NOTE: Canned coconut milk is thicker than what you get in the carton. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve steamed broccoli spears on the side. DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook and cube turkey breast meat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!