- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine or use low sodium
- chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 dash ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken for at least 2 hours but no more than 24 hours (see recipe). Place chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap; using a mallet or a rolling pin, lightly pound to about 1/4 inch-thick; place in an 8- x 8-inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, wine (or broth), brown sugar, ginger and garlic; blend well; pour over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours but no more than 24 hours, turning several times.
- Drain marinade from chicken (reserving marinade) and arrange on a broiler pan lightly coated with olive oil OR fire up the barby! Broil/grill chicken 4 to 5 inches from heat source for 5 minutes.
- Turn and brush with marinade then cook for an additional 5 to 6 minutes or until done.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried OR grilled zucchini, yellow squash and snow peas; add Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and toss with a fork). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce and wine (or broth) are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 218 Calories; 2g Fat; 40g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 413mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!