- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use olive oil
- 8 ounces white mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- Season the chicken evenly with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add the chicken and cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side; remove from skillet. Reduce skillet heat to medium and melt the ghee (or additional oil).
- Add mushrooms and sauté for 3 minutes; season with a little salt and pepper. Add chicken broth, wine and honey. Stir for a few more minutes, until sauce reduces.
- Serve sauce over chicken.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and steamed green beans.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!