Tilapia with Mashed Carrot
- 3 cups water
- 4 cups stemmed and peeled carrots
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 6-oz. tilapia filets
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In a medium-size pot on high heat, add water and bring to a boil. Add the carrots and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender and slightly softened.
- In a food processor or blender, puree the carrots with 2 tablespoons of coconut milk and salt and pepper. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, heat oil and add tilapia filets, seasoning with salt and pepper
- and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, flipping halfway or until most of the fish has turned from opaque to white. Drizzle fresh lemon juice on top. Serve warm alongside carrot mashed.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!