Sweet Potato, Spinach and Bacon Turkey Burgers on Mixed Baby Greens
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and finely diced
- 1/2 large onion finely chopped
- 2 cups finely chopped spinach
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until cooked to desired crispiness. Remove from skillet and place onto a paper towel lined plate to absorb extra oil.
- Crumble it into small pieces and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, add the next 3 ingredients (sweet potatoes through spinach) and pulse into small pieces and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine crumbled bacon with the sweet potato mixture. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine evenly. Form the mixture into patties and set aside.
- Heat the same large skillet, with remaining bacon grease on medium-high heat and cook patties for 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked throughout. Serve warm on a bed of mixed baby greens.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!