Squash Pasta and Chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 4 cups thinly sliced summer squash*
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 4 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 15-oz. can low sodium diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, heat 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat; add squash and sauté until soft and edges are clear; transfer to dinner bowls or plates.
- Heat remaining oil in the skillet; add garlic and chicken and sauté until chicken is cooked through.
- Add tomatoes, oregano and basil; simmer until hot.
- Serve sauce over squash ribbons and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- *Slice squash into thin ribbons using a vegetable peeler for the perfect thickness!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big green salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add garlic toast. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomatoes are gluten free. KOSHER: Use soy cheese. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 305 Calories; 10g Fat; 43g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 108mg Cholesterol; 197mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!