Southern Spiced Roast Turkey
- 1 cup quartered onion
- 1/2 cup sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 3 cloves garlic halved
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless turkey breast
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Arrange onion, carrot, celery and garlic in a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, sage, pepper and cayenne; set aside. Brush turkey breast with olive oil and rub seasoning mixture into all sides.
- Place turkey on top of vegetables; bake, uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with vegetables.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed kale. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby red potatoes. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 251 Calories; 5g Fat; 43g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 106mg Cholesterol; 574mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!