Slow Cooker Steak Stir-Fry
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak trimmed and cut into strips
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 cups sliced bok choy
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add steak strips and stir-fry until browned; transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add onion, garlic, bok choy, broth, soy sauce, and gingerroot. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Raise slow cooker heat setting to HIGH and stir in cornstarch mixture.
- Add broccoli and continue to cook until sauce is thickened and broccoli is heated through.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add stir-fried snow peas on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure beef broth and soy sauce are gluten free. Use arrowroot starch instead of cornstarch. KOSHER: Make sure steak is certified kosher. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 308 Calories; 10g Fat; 43g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 953mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!