Presto Pesto Halibut
Fresh basil has such a full-bodied, fresh taste and may not be available in your area until next spring, so scoop it up while you can and see how it brings this halibut into the spotlight!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 6-oz. fillets halibut or other firm white fish of your choice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Prepare pesto: In a food processor, combine the first 4 ingredients (olive oil through salt); blend until smooth. Sprinkle halibut with salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium- high heat; add halibut and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until fillets flake easily when tested with a fork. Serve topped with fresh pesto and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and a big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion, cucumber and avocado, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!