Mole Tender Chicken
If you haven’t tried mole (pronounced “mo-lay”) sauce, you haven’t lived! It’s an unbelievably rich, Latin-rooted mixture and I just have to say one thing about it: chocolate! Oh yes, ladies, C-H-O-C-O-L-A-T-E!!!
- 4 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Place chicken in a large slow cooker and pour lime juice evenly over the top.
- In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients and sprinkle mixture over chicken. Top with onion and broth.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours, stirring occasionally.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mexi-Cauli Rice (follow Day 2 directions for Cauli-Rice and add a little lime juice and cilantro). Add a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!