Mexican Skillet Rice
- 3/4 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 15-oz. can pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 2 4-oz. cans diced green chilis
- 1 medium tomato seeded and chopped
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook brown rice.
- Cook meat in large skillet over medium-high heat until brown, stirring to crumble; blot any excess grease with paper towels.
- Add onion, chili powder, cumin and salt; cook until onion is soft but not brown. Stir in rice, beans and chilies; heat through.
- Top with tomato. Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Corn on the cob and sliced tomatoes. VEGETARIAN: Use TVP crumbles. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure beans and chilies are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 272 Calories; 4g Fat; 18g Protein; 40g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 30mg Cholesterol; 579mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!