Linguine with Zucchini and Cheese
- 12 ounces Linguine pasta
- 1 26-oz. jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 medium zucchini thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook pasta.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, simmer pasta sauce in a medium saucepan until heated through; set aside and keep warm.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add zucchini, onion and garlic and sauté until almost tender; add basil.
- Spoon pasta sauce, cheeses and zucchini mixture over hot Linguine; toss well to coat.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad and some garlic toast. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure pasta sauce and pasta are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 471 Calories; 14g Fat; 19g Protein; 68g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 21mg Cholesterol; 860mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 5 Vegetable; 2 Fat. Points: 12
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!