Kale and Chorizo Soup
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound additive-free chorizo chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 1 14-oz. can full fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon ground garlic
- 3 cups chopped kale
- Sea salt
- In a large pot on medium-high heat, heat coconut oil and add chorizo. Stir for 3 to 5 minutes, or until it starts to sizzle and browns slightly. Add onions and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until slightly softened and then add the next 4 ingredients (coconut milk through garlic) and bring to a simmer. Stir in kale and lower heat to medium-low and cover. Let simmer for 20 minutes, season to taste with salt and pepper and serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!