- 1 pound flounder sea bass, grouper, or halibut, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 medium red onion chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium tomato seeded and chopped
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- In a medium-size bowl, combine fish and salt and pepper and allow to set for 5 minutes. Add garlic and lime juice and cover the fish completely with liquid. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 40 minutes.
- In another medium-size bowl, soak the onion in cold water for 20 minutes, then drain.
- Drain all but a small amount of the lime juice from the fish, then combine with the remaining ingredients. Serve immediately chilled.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!