Crock Moroccan Chicken and Veggies
- 2 15-oz. cans garbanzo beans drained
- 1 14.5-oz. can whole tomatoes cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small red bell pepper seeded, de-ribbed and cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Place garbanzo beans, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, raisins, tomato paste, chicken broth, garlic and cumin in a slow cooker; blend well. Place chicken on top of bean mixture.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or until chicken is fork-tender. Stir in peanut butter and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over whole wheat couscous. Add a relish tray of baby carrots, cherry tomatoes and black olives. VEGETARIAN: Skip the chicken and add another can of beans. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure beans, tomatoes, tomato paste and chicken broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 321 Calories; 7g Fat; 20g Protein; 48g Carbohydrate; 9g Dietary Fiber; 38mg Cholesterol; 675mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!