- 1 1/2 pounds 95% lean ground beef
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 cup diced water chestnuts
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 leaves Romaine lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except lettuce; blend well. Shape mixture into 12 small loaves.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat; add beef loaves and brown until cooked through. Wrap each loaf in a lettuce leaf; serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big bowl of broccoli slaw (use a ready-made mix and toss with mayo and a little rice vinegar). SERVING SUGGESTION: Add corn on the cob. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure water chestnuts and soy sauce are gluten free. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 483 Calories; 5g Fat; 19g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 100mg Cholesterol; 289mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!