Bacon and Blueberry Scones
- 1/4 cup coconut oil plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 8 slices bacon cooked
- 1 1/2 cups cashews
- 1/4 cup arrowroot
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup frozen blueberries slightly thawed
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a medium-size baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil then add bacon and cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to desired crispiness. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a blender or food processor, blend cashews until a powder forms.
- In a large bowl, mix together the next 3 ingredients (arrowroot through baking powder), then add the cashew powder and blueberries. Stir in the remaining ingredients and pour into the prepared baking pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until cooked throughout. Let cool for 10 minutes, slice, and serve warm alongside bacon slices.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!