Butternut Squash Coconut Fish Soup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cups butternut squash cubed
- 1 14-oz. can full fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 pound firm fleshed white fish cubed
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the squash and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the squash is slightly tender. To the skillet, add the next 6 ingredients (coconut milk through coconut aminos). Stir and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes then reduce heat to low.
- To the soup, add the fish and simmer for 15 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with a mixed greens salad with Leanne’s Vinaigrette (In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.) NUTRITION: 250 Calories; 8g Fat; 32g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 49mg Cholesterol; 589mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!