Spiced Chicken Stew
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs chopped
- 1 14.5-oz can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 4 large cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups chopped cilantro
- Place all ingredients in a large crock cooker; stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: 288 Calories; 6g Fat; 40g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 107mg Cholesterol; 832mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 0 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!