Sausage and Goat Cheese Lentil Salad
- 1 1/2 cups lentils
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup walnuts toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 6 links sausage spicy or sweet
- In a large pot, over medium heat, cook lentils, thyme, carrot, celery, onion, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and enough water to cover the lentils for 15 to 20 minutes until the lentils are fork tender. Drain the water and place the lentils and vegetables in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, shallot and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Whisk to combine. Pour over lentils and add parsley, walnuts, and goat cheese.
- On an indoor grill, grill sausages 5 to 7 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Slice sausages and serve with lentil salad.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Warm buttered corn muffins. VEGETARIAN: Use soy sausage instead of regular sausage links. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure lentils, Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: 513 Calories; 32g Fat; 24g Protein; 35g Carbohydrate; 17g Dietary Fiber; 36mg Cholesterol; 321mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 5 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!