Burgers with Thyme Parsnip Fries
- 2 large parsnips cut once width wise and then cut into strips vertically
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound ground beef
- 8 large leaves Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 small onion sliced
- 1 large very ripe avocado mashed
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup prepared salsa
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, mix the parsnips, thyme and salt and pepper to taste. On a large cookie sheet, pour the parsnips in an even layer. Place the parsnips in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through, until they are brown and tender on the inside.
- In a large bowl, mix the beef and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Form meat into 4 medium patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, place the burgers. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes on each side, until beef is cooked to desired level of doneness. Place the burgers on the lettuce leaves and top with the onion.
- In a medium bowl, mix the next 4 ingredients (avocado through cilantro) and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Top the burgers with a spoonful of guacamole, top with the remaining lettuce leaves and serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Complete meal all on it’s own! GLUTEN FREE: Make sure salsa is gluten free. NUTRITION: 473 Calories; 29g Fat; 24g Protein; 16 g Carbohydrate; 9g Dietary Fiber; 78mg Cholesterol; 165mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!