Ultimate Burger Salad
- 2 slices turkey bacon halved
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds 95% lean ground beef
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 20 ounces mixed baby salad greens
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill or oven broiler.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp; remove from skillet, drain on paper towels and keep warm.
- Wipe bacon grease from skillet and add olive oil; sauté mushrooms and onions until mushroom liquid has evaporated and onions are translucent; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, salt, pepper and garlic; form into 4 patties. Grill/broil patties until they reach desired level of doneness.
- Arrange salad greens on dinner plates; top each with a beef patty, half of a bacon slice and a portion of the mushrooms and onions.
NUTRITION per serving: 506 Calories; 6g Fat; 21g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 53mg Cholesterol; 226mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 4 LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced plum (Roma) tomatoes and cucumber on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve patties, mushrooms and onions on lightly toasted whole wheat burger buns with the salad greens on the side. KOSHER: Skip the bacon OR use soy bacon. Make sure ground beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure bacon is gluten free.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!