Tilapia with Ginger Cream Sauce
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 4 6-oz. fillets tilapia
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice or use additional broth
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season tilapia with pepper and quickly sauté (2 to 3 minutes per side); remove from skillet and keep warm. Add lime juice and wine (or broth) to the skillet and quickly whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring mixture to a boil then add chicken broth, half and half, gingerroot and cayenne pepper.
- LOWER HEAT IMMEDIATELY OR SAUCE WILL BREAK! Cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. When sauce has thickened, taste it and correct the seasonings if necessary.
- Serve sauce over tilapia and enjoy!
NUTRITION per serving: 210 Calories; 7g Fat; 33g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 89mg Cholesterol; 170mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat. Points: 5 LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Hubbard squash and steamed green beans. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby new potatoes tossed with a little butter and chopped parsley. KOSHER: Use vegetable broth. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure wine and broth are gluten free.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!