Thai Chicken and Noodle Salad
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into thin strips
- 6 ounces fine egg noodles
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 large yellow bell pepper seeded, de-ribbed and cut into thin strips
- 6 green onions chopped
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped cashews
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Prepare dressing: In a blender container, combine the 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, the vinegar, peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, gingerroot and crushed red pepper flakes; process until smooth.
- Heat the 1 teaspoon of olive oil and the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper strips and green onions; cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until green onions are nearly transparent; remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add chicken strips to the skillet and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked through. Return vegetables to the skillet and add cooked noodles; cook and stir for 1 minute or until heated through; remove skillet from the heat and pour the dressing over the chicken/veggie mixture; toss lightly to coat.
- Divide chicken mixture evenly among dinner plates and sprinkle with cashews.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced cucumber and tomato on the side. VEGETARIAN: Omit chicken and add tofu and additional sliced veggies. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar and soy sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 326 Calories; 11g Fat; 25g Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 71mg Cholesterol; 388mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!