Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- 4 large zucchini halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 8 ounces button mushrooms sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a shallow baking dish with olive oil; set aside. Scoop out the seeds and flesh of the halved zucchini; chop the flesh and set aside. Place zucchini shells in the prepared baking dish.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and sauté for 5 minutes; add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in chopped zucchini and sliced mushrooms; sauté for 5 minutes. Add chili powder, cumin, lemon juice, cilantro and pepper; blend well.
- Spoon mixture into zucchini shells and bake for 30 minutes or until zucchini are tender.
NUTRITION per serving: 111 Calories; 4g Fat; 5g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 21mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 3 LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad and Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!