- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 green chilis chopped
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 pounds lamb sirloin steaks cut into strips
- 1 large vine-ripened tomato chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chilies, garlic, onion, gingerroot, salt, pepper, and coriander; cook until onion is translucent.
- Add lamb strips; cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- Add chopped tomato and lemon juice; cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until lamb is cooked through.
NUTRITION per serving: 409 Calories; 32g Fat; 23g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 94mg Cholesterol; 551mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 1/2 Fat. Points: 11 SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed OR grilled asparagus and Curried Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; toss with a little salt, pepper, curry powder and chopped cilantro).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!