Spicy Grilled Citrus Chicken
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (more or less depending on your heat tolerance)
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken overnight or for at least 8 hours (see recipe).
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine all ingredients except chicken; gently smoosh around to blend flavors.
- Add chicken, seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Preheat outdoor grill or indoor grill or oven broiler. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade and bag.
- Grill/broil chicken till juices run clear.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Brown rice and Fruit Kabobs (alternately thread strawberries, kiwi and cantaloupe chunks onto bamboo skewers). VEGETARIAN: Grill non-breaded faux chicken patties, basted with the sauce (don’t marinade or it’ll fall apart). KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per serving: 205 Calories; 2g Fat; 40g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 141mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!