- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 quart boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 medium onions cut into 2-inch pieces
- 5 large green bell peppers de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 8-oz. jar chili sauce
- 1 15-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- Place chicken in a large slow cooker; cover completely with boiling water then add the salt.
- Cover and cook on HIGH until chicken meat turns white. Add onions and bell peppers; cover and cook until they become slightly tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce, chili sauce and ketchup. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or until chicken is fork-tender.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Buttered corn on the cob and a big salad. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties and adjust cooking time as needed. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chili sauce, tomato sauce, and ketchup are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 289 Calories; 8g Fat; 32g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 806mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!