Southwestern Hot Turkey Salad
- 1 pound boneless skinless turkey breast cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 cups spinach chopped
- 1 small avocado pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 small red onion peeled, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium orange peeled, seeded and quartered
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate steak overnight or for at least 8 hours (see recipe).
- Season turkey strips with chili powder, oregano, cumin and salt.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; add turkey strips and stir-fry for 5 to 7 minutes or until done.
- Meanwhile, arrange spinach on dinner plates, top with diced avocado, red onion rings and orange quarters.
- Spoon hot turkey on top and serve immediately.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrot and jicama sticks, radishes and whole black olives. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add warm corn muffins. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 228 Calories; 7g Fat; 30g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 70mg Cholesterol; 454mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!