Sour Cream Pork Chops
- 6 6-oz. boneless pork chops trimmed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 1/2 cup flour plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- olive oil
- 1 large onion sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces low fat sour cream at room temperature
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Bring sour cream to room temperature (see recipe).
- Season pork chops with salt, pepper and garlic powder; dredge in 1/2 cup of the flour.
- Coat a large skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat; add pork chops and lightly brown on both sides; transfer to a slow cooker and top with onion slices.
- Pour broth over the onion and pork chops.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours.
- With a slotted spoon, CAREFULLY remove the very tender pork chops from the slow cooker; keep warm.
- In a small bowl, blend remaining 2 tablespoons of flour with the sour cream; stir into slow cooker juices.
- Raise slow cooker heat setting to HIGH and cook for 15 to 30 minutes or until sauce has slightly thickened. Serve sauce over pork chops.
NUTRITION per serving: 317 Calories; 9g Fat; 38g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 84mg Cholesterol; 309mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 8 SERVING SUGGESTION: Mashed russet potatoes and steamed broccoli spears. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of pork chops and adjust cooking time as needed. Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork. Skip the sour cream, blend the flour directly into the broth before cooking on high. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. Use gluten free flour.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!