Slow Cooker Chicken and Beans Milano
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 1 medium stalk celery chopped
- 3 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 12-oz. jar fire-roasted red peppers drained and diced
- 30 ounces cannellini beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce
- 1 cup water
- In a slow cooker, layer onion, garlic, carrot and celery; add chicken cubes, roasted red peppers, beans, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine pasta sauce and water; pour mixture over all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or until chicken is fork-tender.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Penne pasta and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese. Add a big salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: Instead of chicken, add an additional 15 ounces cannellini beans. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure roasted red peppers, cannellini beans, Italian seasoning and pasta sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 394 Calories; 5g Fat; 36g Protein; 54g Carbohydrate; 17g Dietary Fiber; 49mg Cholesterol; 419mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!