Sautéed Peppers and Chops
- olive oil
- 4 6-oz. boneless pork chops 1/2-inch thick
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Heat a large skillet coated with a little olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper to taste; add to skillet and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side until nicely browned and cooked through; remove from skillet and set aside.
- Recoat skillet with oil; add onion and sauté until translucent. Add bell peppers, garlic and Worcestershire sauce; cook and stir until bell peppers are tender-crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Top pork chops with onion/bell peppers mixture and serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried zucchini, yellow squash and mushrooms. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add whole wheat couscous. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken breast halves instead of pork chops and use vegetarian Worcestershire sauce. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Worcestershire sauce is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 238 Calories; 8g Fat; 32g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 147mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!