- 3 teaspoons olive oil divided
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained
- 6 ounces low fat ricotta cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 boneless skinless turkey breast 1-lb.
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- Heavy-duty plastic wrap
- Kitchen string
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add spinach and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine Ricotta cheese, egg white, orange peel and pepper; stir in spinach mixture. Place turkey breast between two sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound it to about 3/4-inch thickness then sprinkle with half of the salt.
- Spread Ricotta mixture on the turkey and roll it up from one long side; tie it with string and place it in a small roasting pan, seam side down. Brush it with remaining oil and sprinkle it with remaining salt and the rosemary.
- Roast for 1 hour or until browned and cooked through.
NUTRITION per serving: 216 Calories; 5g Fat; 36g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 87mg Cholesterol; 523mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 5 LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried zucchini, yellow squash and mushrooms. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed red potatoes. KOSHER: Use soft (silken) tofu instead of Ricotta cheese. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!