Prosciutto Creamed Chicken
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 6 ounces prosciutto chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine or use white grape juice with a splash of cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup light cream
- In a slow cooker, combine melted butter, chicken, onion, prosciutto and wine (or juice/vinegar).
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours or until chicken is cooked through. About 30 minutes before serving, combine cornstarch and water; add to slow cooker along with the cream; blend well.
- Cover and cook on HIGH until sauce thickens.
- LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (see Day 4 directions); add steamed green and yellow (wax) beans.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Use oil instead of butter and use cooked, crumbled soy bacon instead of prosciutto. Skip the cream and double the water and cornstarch. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure prosciutto and wine (or juice/vinegar) are gluten free. Use arrowroot starch instead of cornstarch. NUTRITION: per serving: 325 Calories; 10g Fat; 48g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 136mg Cholesterol; 890mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!