Pine Nut Shrimp Sauté
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound zucchini sliced
- 3/4 pound yellow squash sliced
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons capers drained
- 1 pound cooked shrimp
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; add pine nuts and stir-fry until nicely browned; remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat; add zucchini, yellow squash, garlic, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add raisins and capers and cook until veggies are tender-crisp. Stir in shrimp and pine nuts and heat through.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big green salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add garlic toast. KOSHER: Use cooked chicken breast meat cut to the approximate size of shrimp. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure capers are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 253 Calories; 8g Fat; 29g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 221mg Cholesterol; 343mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!