Pesto Salmon and Squash
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 medium salmon fillets
- 2 cups chopped summer squash
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cups chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Rub salmon with coconut oil. On large aluminum foil squares, place the salmon, squash, onion and salt pepper. Cover the fish and vegetables with a second aluminum square and seal the edges.
- Place the pouches on the grill and cook for 5 to 10 minutes on each side until fish flakes easily with a fork and vegetables are tender.
- In a blender, add the remaining 4 ingredients (basil through lemon juice) and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and blend until smooth. Drizzle the salmon and vegetables with the pesto and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s basic vinaigrette. (In a large bowl, toss together with torn lettuce (not iceberg -no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.) NUTRITION: 404 Calories; 18g Fat (36.6% calories from fat); 40g Protein; 28g Carbohydrate; 16g Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol; 129mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!